1 Mile Run, 2.2 Mile Run, 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon, Indoor Triathlon, and Stair Climb around Kansas City the weekend of November 13, 2010.
5K Run For Shelter
- DATE : Saturday, November 13, 2010 @ 9:00 AM
- LOCATION : Unity Village, 1901 NW Blue Parkway, Lee’s Summit, MO 64065
- REGISTRATION : Tuesday, November 02, 2010 – Online Reg. Closes November 6, 2010, 11:59pm Central Time
- DESCRIPTION : Run through downtown St. Joe, and see historic buildings on every leg of the course.
Pilgrim Pacer 1M, 5K, 10K, 1/2 Marathon
- DATE : Saturday, November 13, 2010 @ 9am
- LOCATION : Unity Village Campus
- REGISTRATION : ½ Marathon $55, 10k $40, 5k $40, 1 mile $15 – Family discounts available. Reduced rate if t-shirt declined.
- DESCRIPTION : Easy going FAMILY EVENT on paved trails and roads with some rolling hills in a beautiful setting. Food: We will have food and hot drinks for all participants. Yum! Charity: Harvesters Community Food Network, Mercy & Truth, and Maranatha Academy. Optional – Bring one or more of “most needed items” for Harvesters, diapers & vitamins for Mercy & Truth or donate funds with our online button.
Buck O’Neil 2.2 Mile Run/Walk
- DATE : Saturday, November 13, 2010 @ 8am
- LOCATION : 19th & The Paseo (Buck O’Neil Research and Education Center)
- REGISTRATION : 1 Mile Walk- $25, 2.2 Mile Run/Walk (untimed) – $25, 2.2 Mile Run/Walk (timed) – $25, Online registration closes Friday, November 12 at 5:00pm. We will be accepting walk-up registrations on race day. Please arrive by 7:00am.
- DESCRIPTION : Celebrate the 99th birthday of the late, great Buck O’Neil by running 2.2 miles for #22. Runners and walkers will travel down the Paseo through the historic Kansas City jazz district. All proceeds benefit the Buck O’Neil Education and Research Center and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
New Balance Girls on the Run 5K Kansas City, Missouri
- DATE : Saturday, November 13, 2010 @ 8:00 AM
- LOCATION : Historic Downtown Blue Springs, 9th and Main Street
- REGISTRATION : Fees – $25 through 11/10, $30 after. Online Reg. Closes November 10, 2010 11:59 PM CST
- DESCRIPTION : Each season, Girls on the Run serving Kansas City MO participates in a 5K to wrap up their 12-week program. This season, we are pleased to participate in the New Balance Girls on the Run 5K. All proceeds of the event will go to Girls on the Run.
Overland Park, KS – Life Time Fitness Indoor Tri
- DATE : Sunday, November 14, 2010 @ 7:00 AM
- LOCATION : Life Time Fitness, 6800 West 138th St
- REGISTRATION : Cost: $35 – Life Time Fitness Member, $40 – Non-member, $25 – Life Time Fitness Employee
- DESCRIPTION : DURATION – The Life Time Fitness Indoor Triathlon features 60 minutes of competition for each participant plus an additional 15 minutes for transition between each leg of the event. Race Course – 10 Minute Swim in Lap Pool, 10 Minute Transition (Swim to Bike), 30 Minute Bike in Cycle Fitness Studio, 5 Minute Transition (Bike to Run), 20 Minute Treadmill Run. Scoring – Performance is measured by total distance covered during the three legs. The more distance you cover, the higher your score. Transitions – Participants are allowed 10 minutes to safely go from the pool to the cycling studio and 5 minutes from the cycling studio to the treadmills. For more information go to www.indoortri.com.
Fight for Air Climb
- DATE : Saturday, November 13, 2010 @ 9am
- LOCATION : Town Pavilion, 1111 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64105
- REGISTRATION : Registration Deadline is Wednesday, November 10th at 11:00pm. $25 Registration Fee (Non-Refundable). $100 Fundraising Minimum REQUIRED to participate. All participants must register and raise the $100 minimum fundraising requirement by November 13, 2010 to participate in the climb. Walk on registrations are not accepted.
- DESCRIPTION : Climbs are unique fundraising events for the American Lung Association.They happen in prominent skyscrapers, stadiums and monuments around the nation and involve climbing the stairs to a designated distance. Sometimes called a “vertical road race”, participants can use the event as a fitness target or as a race. Climbers can enjoy the personal challenge or race against other climbers. In either case it’s a great way to be active and meet new friends.
If you would like to be notified when Ryan publishes an article, click “subscribe” above the article, follow his BLOG, follow him on TWITTER or find him on FACEBOOK.