The holidays are the perfect time of year to add a little more glitz and glamour or sparkle and shine to your daily beauty routine and there are currently a number of products from Avon that can do just that and not hurt your holiday budget. Here are my top picks for budget holiday beauty from Avon.
- True Color Shadow Sticks for $3.99. These eyeshadow sticks are a cinch to apply and their vibrant colors certainly perk up the winter doldrums. Avon describes this product as “Cream-to-powder buildable matte coverage with a hint of glint”. I was given samples** of this product in purple lapis and pink ruby and the colors are fantastic. Application is easy but once applied the color tends to slip. I don’t recommend these sticks for someone with even moderately oily skin without first using an eyeshadow primer. I use the Smooth Minerals eyeshadows to help set the color and keep it from sliding. SAVE MORE: True Color Shadow Sticks are a part of Avon’s Sparkle, Shine and Save sale. Purchase 2 products for just $4.99.
- 24K Gold Mascara for $7.50. This glamorous mascara features glittery golden flecks in a formula that can increase your lashes fullness by up to 5 times. I must say, after trying** this mascara, it lives up to its promise. My lashes were fuller, longer and had a hint of glimmer. The gold flecks are subtle and do not overpower the eyes, which is perfect for a holiday look. I must advise against wearing this formula if you know you will be out in damp weather or if you may be in a position to start crying. It does smudge somewhat when dampened. SAVE MORE: 24K Mascara is a part of the Glisten Up! sale. Purchase 2 participating products for $8.99.
- Mirror Shine Nail Enamel $3.99. Fingernails have never been as festive as they are decked out in this nail enamel. The colors are saturated and metallic, adding a flash to every movement of your fingertips. I originally purchased 1 bottle of this polish 2 months ago, and I now order a new shade every time I place an Avon order. It’s not as long wearing as I would have liked it to be, but a topcoat takes care of that problem with ease.
- Smooth Minerals Lipstick SPF 15 $4.99. This lipstick applies smoothly and easily and wears like a dream. One coat gently enhances your natural lip color, 2 coats provides heavier coverage and more intense color, making this the perfect lipstick to carry you from office party to ngiht on the town. I recommend Cranberry for your holiday shade-it is a yummy bluish red color that is sure to complement almost any skin tone.
- Glazewear Lip Gloss $6.00. If lip gloss is more your style, you can’t go wrong with Avon’s Glazewear. I have been purchasing this product for a number of years and have neber been let down. in fact, I think it has improved over time. You can choose from a variety of colors in 3 different formulas-Shine, Sparkle and Intense. SAVE MORE: Glazewear Lip Gloss is a part of the Festive Shades For Eyes, Lips and Tips sale. Buy one product and get another for $2.99.
Even if these products aren’t your personal cup of tea, Avon offers many more products in many more formulas. There is something for every woman to help liven up her holiday look. they also offer a great variety of gift collections for those who enjoy giving the gift of beauty.
**A special thanks to my Avon representative, Kim Merritt, for supplying me with product samples to test out.