Did you know that using sun protection all year long is essential for healthy, hydrated skin?
Are you aware that the sun’s UV rays are around all year long?
If you answered “YES” to both of these questions, you’re right!
November was National Healthy Skin Month. It was originated by the American Academy of Dermatology to increase the awareness of the significance of year round care for your skin…even during fall and winter.
The following points for healthy skin, especially during the cooler weather seasons are quoted from ~Dr. Elizabeth K. Hale, Clinical Associate Professor of Dermatology at NYU and practicing Dermatological surgeon:
· Cloudy Days Still Mean UVA rays. Those wrinkle and age-spot producing rays are present rain or shine and indoors or out. Whether you’re driving your car, inside near a window, or outside on an overcast day, sun protection is essential.
· Use Lightweight but Equal Protection. Although you may not need a heavy-duty sunscreen this winter, you should still use one that protects against UVA and UVB rays. Dr. Hale suggests Coppertone® Oil-Free Faces SPF 30, a lightweight product you can use.
· Don’t Forget About Your Lips. Lips are the most exposed to the sun throughout the winter months. Toss an SPF-containing chapstick into your bag for everyday use to keep your lips hydrated and protected.
If you have sensitive skin, including rosacea, COPPERTONE® Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotions provide an SPF 50 for your body and face that include:
• A gentle, hypoallergenic formula
* Broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
* Won’t irritate skin or sting eyes
• Free of dyes, oils and alcohol
These COPPERTONE® Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotions are available nationwide at food, drug, mass and Internet retailers.
I really enjoy the feel of the COPPERTONE® Sensitive Skin Sunscreen Lotions. The SPF 50 is great, especially with the UVA/UVB protection. It’s a wonderful feeling to know that such a quick to apply, lightweight, easy to use product will provide you protection from the elements.
Your skin is going to be with you for quite some time… Don’t forget your sunscreen, whatever the season!