Thursday, COD Black Ops for PS3 received a new patch to fix some of the many problems that players encounter in online multiplayer. For the most part the patch supposedly fixes connectivity issues. Often, players will receive connection errors while playing online.
Connection issues however are not the only items being addressed in 1.05. Party issues and lobby countdown freezes have also been addressed. But only time will tell whether or not the patch is a success.
Below are the patch notes as well as issues that are currently being worked on.
These are the full patch notes:
* Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
* Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
* Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
* Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
* Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
* Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
This is a list of what’s in progress:
* Addressing a freeze that would occur in rare situations involving a combination of high player counts and many killstreaks / explosions occurring simultaneously in a concentrated area
* Further improvements to party reliability to address an issue where mixed NAT types connecting and disconnecting can cause players to drop in some situations
* Investigating “infinite loading screen” issue reported by some users