Several NFL coach’s are in jeopardy of losing their jobs, including the Bengals’ Marvin Lewis, Titans Jeff Fisher and the Vikings’ Leslie Frazier. How will you tackle the year ahead? If you don’t have a concise plan now you’re a little behind the curve. But no worries we’re going to map out a winning strategy together.
Your company will not be expecting you to lead them to the Super Bowl, but they will be expecting a ROI. The books on 2010 are closing rapidly. So lets kick start 2011 with a plan. Turn on your HD TV, put your highlight reel in your Blu Ray player, press play sit back and identify your top 10 success from 2010 along with your fumbles.
We obviously want more touch downs this year or we might find ourselves in the same position as the Bengals’ Marvin Lewis. Identify the cause of your fumbles. Were you operating from your strength zone?
Don’t be shy, hopefully you have already extracted the lessons you were supposed to learn if not we’ll take a page from Jet Blue’s playbook and apply to your situation. Jet Blue is known for having a can do attitude, it’s that same attitude that led to their winter storm fiasco in 2007. Jet Blue recovered nicely after their fumble, they saved $9 million in refunds and had their best on time record.
So how did they do it? They took a bottom up approach to the challenge, rallied all the parties involved and simulated the storm-you may not want to live through your challenge again. But that’s how Jet Blue recovered from this very public embarrassment. Jet Blue examined the crisis with the intent of establishing solutions and keeping the problem from occurring again.
- Get a planner and place your family goals in it first before it gets filled up with other activities.
- Measure your progress weekly.
- Establish a spiritual goal.
- Invest in Strength Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath its a great resource to help you identify your strengths.
- Incorporate an exercise plan in to playbook your going to need the stamina.
- Seek 360 Feedback from your boss, trusted peers and subordinates. John C. Maxwell The 360 Leader.
- Read a book magazine or periodical in your field to keep yourself fresh.
- Invest in Success Magazine its an excellent resource for motivation and information and it comes with a CD each month.
- Make it your best year ever have a blast.
The competition will be fierce next year, but you are up to the task. You may not have the benefit of an off season so review your game plan now. The reality is so many industries have “the what have you done for me lately mindset”; protect your blind side against the blitz and run your career into the end zone.