Shopping for gifts? Planning a party but don’t know what to offer? Read on.
VeeV, the World’s First Açai Spirit, has a big special on their natural superfruit liquor: buy a case (six bottles), and get another case for free. Yes, free. Just follow these easy three steps.
- Find your nearest VeeV retailer by entering your zip code into the locator here. Buy a case and keep the receipt.
- Email a scan of your receipt to VeeVHomeBarExperience@VeeVlife.com or fax it to 310-362-8489, attention Home Bar Experience. Include your email.
- Watch your inbox for confirmation from VeeV’s Christmas elves, who will also send yummy recipes.
Act quickly, for this offer is open to the first 100 consumer customers only, and is for three cases maximum.
If you’re on the prowl for a night out in Hollywood, or want to treat someone to a slinky eve, The Hungry Cat is selling gift certificates on their online store here.
For the home bar enthusiast and anyone you want to enthuse with the bar experience, treat them or yourself to the gift boxes from Bar Keeper in Silverlake.
Each vintage-style hexagon hat box includes spirits, bitters, tools, recipes, and glassware for specific cocktails. There are two types, Classic and Mixologist; the latter features a specific recipe and spirit that our top cocktail creators use in making their magic. Yes, you or your gift recipient can have all the goodies L.A.’s top bartenders use to mix their landmark libations.
The Mixologist Boxes are:
- “Colonial Ties” by Eric Alperin (Varnish)
- “Kentucky Bubble Bath” by Matthew Biancaniello (Library Bar)
- “Smokey Old Fashioned” by Michel Dozois (Névé Ice)
- “Oaxacan Angel” by David Kupchinsky (Comme Ça)
- “Smokey Martini” by Alex Straus (Hemingway’s)
- “Staten Island Cocktail” by Marcos Tello (Liquid Assets)
The Classic boxes allow you to shake and stir some of the best drinks in cocktail history:
- Bourbon Manhattan
- Rye Manhattan
- The Last Word
- Corpse Reviver #2
Baskets run $75 to $145.
If you can’t tell by the contents of the boxes, as of October 2 this year City Hall cleared the papers so Bar Keeper has a license to sell off-site liquor. Now the “head shop for serving cocktails in style” is dealing the sauce. Remodeled like an apothecary from the late 19th century, you can find the good booze that your local Ralphs or Vons won’t carry. Some of it is a bit pricey, but it’s all top-shelf material. Reach out to Bar Keeper’s antique wooden cabinet and grab a bottle of heaven.
Anything else you need for spirited drinking is there, and Joe Keeper and his staff are very knowledgeable and helpful regarding all your cocktail queries.
- Bar Keeper
- 3910 W. Sunset Blvd., Silver Lake, CA 90029 (map)
- 323-669-1675 ~ Fax 323-669-1611
- Open Mon – Thr 12 p.m.-6 p.m.; Fri – Sat 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sun. 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Disclosure: VeeV comped me a gift box containing their spirit and some VeeV-infused cherries (yum!)