Christmas at Lake Tahoe
Getaway to Lake Tahoe for the best Christmas ever!
If you are planning on spending the Christmas – New Year’s holidays up at the lake, you may be interested in ordering your cabin decorations online and having them shipped right to your door.
Choose from an exclusive collection of fresh holiday greenery from the Berry Family of Nurseries located in the Cascade Mountains of western Oregon. The new P. Allen Smith Holiday Collection features hand-selected Noble Fir boughs hand-tied into wreaths, mantelpieces, centerpieces and other decorative items. Smith’s new line will be available at independent nurseries and gardening centers nationwide and on the P. Allen Smith website at www.pallensmithcollections.com.
All Noble Fir boughs used to create the holiday accents are hand-trimmed from the lowest branches from trees at an elevation of 3,000-6,000 feet, where Noble Firs flourish. Hand-tying the greenery and decorations, which weigh an average of three pounds, ensures a lush, long-lasting product that will fill the home with fragrance and beauty through the season.
“I wanted to offer people who love decorating for the holidays a way to bring fresh greenery into their home and add their personal design touches,” said P. Allen Smith, national gardening and lifestyle expert and CEO of the P. Allen Smith Companies. “The wreaths, mantelpieces and centerpieces can all be used as is or as part of someone’s unique décor. Of the five design lines, there’s a style that will appeal to everyone.”
Both P. Allen Smith Companies and Berry Family of Nurseries are committed to a sustainable greenery line. Trimming from the lowest branches encourages the trees to grow even taller and stronger, and the trees themselves are never cut down. Any trimmings that can’t be used are recycled and composted.
“While creating this collection, I not only wanted the freshest greenery, but also the greenest in every sense of the word, and the Berry Family of Nurseries definitely delivered,” Smith said. “The Noble Fir promises the fullest and most fragrant wreaths, and the junipers, also from Oregon, are harvested as close to home as possible to ensure the very best berry color.”
The P. Allen Smith Holiday Collection is available in five uniquely different looks, including:
• Sterling Collection – Snowflakes, silver balls, holly sprigs and a mix of juniper berries and cedar combine in this modern collection, which arrives ready to use, and can be personalized with your own ribbon.
• Grove Collection – Decorated with citrus ornaments, cedar and a wired green ribbon, this collection is fresh-squeezed for the season.
• Rustic Collection – Decorated with pinecones, juniper berries and cedar and finished with chocolate and burlap ribbons, this collection defines rustic elegance.
• Classic Christmas Collection – Cedar and juniper combine with pinecones and red berries – topped off with a classic red plaid ribbon – for a look that epitomizes the Christmas season.
• Colonial Collection – Simply styled with crabapples and pinecones with cedar and juniper accents, this collection makes a decidedly autumn-inspired statement.
“We are thrilled to partner with P. Allen Smith on this new collection,” said Heidi Berry, owner of Berry Family of Nurseries. “Sustainability efforts and preservation of the land are important to our company. It’s exciting to bring the beauty of the Cascades into homes across America for the holidays! Allen’s designs are a perfect example of design and nature coming together beautifully.”
Undecorated, fresh garland made of Nobel Fir, Western Cedar and Douglas Fir is also available in15-, 25- and 75-foot swags. Prices range from $45 for door charms and centerpieces to $49 for mantle pieces, candy canes and 20” noble wreaths. To view pieces in Smith’s exclusive new collection.