With the next movie in the Harry Potter series ready to come out later this month, fans of the best-selling book series by J.K. Rowling, might want their own Hogwart’s Express set to take them away.
Bachmann’s licensed Harry Potter product is this “HO” scale replica of the gleaming, scarlet Hogwarts Express was released in 2001. It’s painted to look like the 1930s steam train in The Sorcerer’s Stone movie.
The set includes:
- A replica of the Platform 9 3/4 building (assembly required).
- British prototype “4-6-0” scarlet steam locomotive — a model previously unavailable in the United States — and related tender (the car that carried coal for fuel).
- Three passenger coaches that attach with international style hook-and-loop couplers.
- Bachmann’s “E-Z Track” that snaps together quickly. Set has 12 curved, three straight and one terminal. Parts assemble into a 56-by-38-inch oval.
- A UL (Underwriters Laboratory) listed power pack.
Now, if you search around for a castle, some little trees, etc., a wooden cottage, you could create a whole tiny setting that recreates Hogwarts. This stuff is available; Bachmann also makes buildings, train signals, etc. Maybe the train could even be set up by the LEGO or Mattel Hogwarts Castle Sets. The possibilities are endless.
So, all aboard for education in the magical arts!