It was a wild finish to the Fatal Four-Way TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Champion as “The Rated R Superstar” Edge walked away with his 10th World Heavyweight Championship on Sunday night at WWE: TLC. The event, held downtown at the Toyota Center on Sunday night, was the first pay-per-view setting for them in Houston since The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania held in 2009. Edge outlasted Rey Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, and now former champion Kane, to climb the ladder and get the win. Del Rio took a nasty spill during the match as well. As he was climbing a monster sized ladder in the ring, Edge came in and tipped the ladder over. This sent Del Rio crashing to the outside of the ring, splintering a table that was set up next to the ring.
John Cena finally put down his nemesis on Sunday night. Facing NEXUS leader Wade Barrett in a Chairs Match, Cena pulled out all stops to ensure he walked out victorious. Cena lined up 6 chairs in the ring facing each other, and then hit his trademark Attitude Adjustment through the chairs. He pinned Barrett for the win, but he wasn’t done. Cena took Barrett up the ramp and to the side of the stage where he dropped a heavy chair cart on top of Barrett. He then looked up the numerous chairs that were hanging for display above the crowd, and pulled an entire row of chairs down on top of the NEXUS leader.
And The Miz is still your WWE Champion after defeating Randy Orton not once, but twice in a Tables Match for the WWE Championship. And not without the help of Alex Riley, either. The referee got knocked out of the ring at one point, which allowed Riley’s interference. His interjection into the match earned him a powerbomb through the table for his efforts. Miz saw the opportunity to hit Orton with the Skullcrushing Finale. He then looked up and saw the referee was out of it still. So he pulled Riley out of the table wreckage and put Orton in the middle of it. Miz then revived the referee, he saw Orton in the busted table and declared Miz the winner.
However as Miz was celebrating, the referee saw the replay on the big screen and what Miz had done and restarted the match. Infuriated, Miz tried to leave with the belt. However Orton was already headed towards him. Orton attacked Miz on the outside of the ring, and threw him back in. However when Orton got on the ring apron to get back in the ring, it appeared that Miz might have shoved Riley into Orton, sending him crashing through the table at ringside. So with that, Miz was declared the winner again, and still walked out of the Toyota Center as the WWE Champion. Here are the full results from last night’s WWE TLC: Tables Ladders, and Chairs pay per view event.
- DARK MATCH: Daniel Bryan (with The Bella Twins) defeated Ted DiBiase (with Maryse)
- Dolph Ziggler defeated Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger in a Triple Threat Ladder Match for the I-C Title.
- WWE Divas Champion Natalya and Beth Phoenix defeated LayCool in the first ever Divas Tag Team Tables Match.
- WWE Tag Team Champions Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov defeated Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater by disqualification, when NEXUS interfered.
- John Morrison defeated Sheamus in a Ladder Match to become the new #1 Contender to the WWE Championship.
- The Miz defeated Randy Orton in a Tables Match to retain the WWE Championship
- Edge defeated Kane, Rey Mysterio, and Alberto Del Rio to win the World Heavyweight Championship.
- Cody Rhodes came to deliver some “Dashing Tips” however he was cut short by The Big Show dressed as Santa Claus. He was giving out copies of “Knucklehead” on DVD.
- John Cena defeated Wade Barrett in a Chairs Match.
WWE kicks off its WWE week with Monday Night Raw live tonight from the Frank Erwin Center in downtown Austin, then a rare live episode of SmackDown on Tuesday night from the AT&T Center in San Antonio. Both programs will air exclusively live on the USA Network, as will the re-airing of Tribute To The Troops on Wednesday night. As another programming note, while WWE SmackDown airs live Tuesday on USA, the replay will air in its normal time slot on Friday night on the SyFy network.