THE BEAUTY OF OAKLAND
- The Bay Bridge cross’s through Treasure Island to San Francisco & is visible from the infamous Golden Gate Bridge. The San Mateo Bridge from any of the Hotels Tower restaurants.
- Oakland has an advantage over its Sister city San Francisco. There is a wider open space available. Its more affordable and is improving in its standing every day.
- I can guide you to a few of the local Cuisines and Entertainment spots and hidden treasures. Since the recession there is no recession only more activities being afforded to others (visiting) our affordable city. Because of the higher ticket in lovely San Francisco and other surrounding city’s. we beat them hands down. Oakland has its Victorian homes, a Zoo and many parks and museums.
- Oakland has a huge African American Culture.
- Oakland has a very huge China town that I know is larger than San Francisco. The Chinese were working in San Francisco and could afford Oakland.
The place to go is the famous Jack London Square. Here is a link describing some of the activities in that location. Its on the water Ms Pearl is a Caribbean Creole food type place. Very nice and the brunch is to die for. Yoshi’s and Kimball’s have Live acts call for their schedule. Kimball’s in on 2nd and Washington. Everette and Jones is on Broadway. Both of the later is mix ethnicity and both very nice. Everette and Jones seems to attract Presidents.
BART: aka..Bay Area Rapid Transit …..this is the best thing invented since slice bread. You’re on, and then you’re off. Quick easy, simple and safe. http://www.bart.gov/index.aspx
THE FERRY. This mode of transportaion cross’s the Bay http://www.eastbayferry.com/what/transit.html
CREOLE RED BEANS AND RICE
1 CUP RED KIDNEY BEANS
1 Cup Pinto beans
6 Cups Water
1 Lg Onion – Chopped
1 Green Pepper – Chopped
1 Red Pepper – Chopped
1 Can Diced Italian Tomatoes
1 Can Diced Mexican Tomatoes
1 Smoked Drumette Turkey Wing
1/2 lb Italian Hot Sausage – sliced
2 Cloves Garlic -Chopped
1/2 Bay Lear
1/2 tps Sea Salt
1/2 tps White Pepper
1/4 tps Cayene Pepper
Wash beans in cold water. (My Mother use to soak her beans over night, to soften them up for the next). This is not necessary.
Just a tool of spending up the cooking process. You could also cook the Drumette in a crock pot. There’s a lot of ways of applying the Love and putting in the SouL from your heart.
Drain the beans and put in covered pot with cold water. Add the Turkey Drumette and half of the Sausage to the pot (add the rest later). Bring to a boil slowly. Add chopped onions, garlic, green pepper, bay leaf, sea salt and white pepper. Simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally until beans are soft. Mash some of the beans against the side of the pot to make a creamy sauce Serve with rice (serves 6+)