Homeschooling families in the Phoenix area have a tremendous resource in Holly Craw Home Education Services. Let a veteran homeschooler answer your questions and be a support for helping to make your homeschool years successful. Here is the basic information about the services that are available.
Dear Homeschooling Friend or Potential Home Educator,
In this era, teaching your own children is a big responsibility with so many options it can be overwhelming! I am here to walk with you on your journey so that you may be confident in your schooling and have the tools and resources that will help you be successful.
I am a veteran home educator with lots of experience in many facets of home education:
- I homeschooled my daughters K-12
- I had the privilege of leading and developing a home school support group for several years.
- Co-oping (providing various classes taught by different parents) was a brand new idea when I first began homeschooling, and I was involved in creating and running several groups over the years.
- From 2001-2008, I co-founded, created, and directed Covenant Home School Resource Center in Phoenix AZ
- One of my passions for over 22 years has been sharing information to help equip homeschoolers in the form of workshops, newsletters, information meetings, website, and one-on-one consultation.
Services I offer:
- Workshops on homeschooling concerns. I have developed over a dozen themes. I have a schedule of workshop events that I will present at set times, and I am available to come to a group meeting or a home in the Phoenix metro area to present a topic of your choosing. Workshop topics include:
- Getting Started with Homeschooling
- Choosing Curriculum
- Developing Lesson Plans
- Goal Setting and Record Keeping
- Developing Good Study Habits
- The ABC’s of Testing
- Homeschooling Through High School
- Preparing Your Homeschooler for College
- Compiling a Transcript
- The Uniqueness of Unit Studies (and how to create your own)
- Learning Styles and Multiple Intelligences
- Homeschooling on a Small Budget
- Developing a Homeschool Co-op
- Lesson Planning Retreat
- Transcript Preparation Assistance. I can give assistance in helping you put your own transcript together, or I can put all the pieces together for you.
- Individual Consultation or Mentoring. I love answering questions and creating an environment in which you can discover the delights of home education, plus feel empowered to be successful. I would be honored to walk alongside you in your journey. This can be done individually or in a group setting, such as a group wanting to work through the process of putting together a co-op.
- Test Proctoring for IOWA or Stanford tests through Bob Jones University Press. Proctoring for other tests may also be available. This can be individual or group testing, set up at your convenience, in a location near you. See details:
- Nominations of homeschool students to the National Society for High School Scholars. Eligible students are in the 11th or 12th grades and have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or better. The student’s transcript needs to be reviewed by a qualified reviewer who will nominate the candidate to the honor society.
Please contact me by email to let me know how I may be of service to you.