Jada Pinkett Smith, with long black hair and a short white dress, opened up to the ladies of “The Talk” on Thursday, immediately pointing out the connections she had with some of the co-hosts conducting the interview. Jada said she did “21 Jump Street” with Holly Robinson Peete, “Hawthorne” with Sara Gilbert, and Ozzfest with Sharon Osbourne.
As for former “King of Queens” actress Leah Remini?
“You just my girl,” said Pinkett, smiling.
Here are some key notes from Jada Pinkett Smith’s interview on “The Talk”:
- Jada enjoys acting and executive producing “Hawthorne,” but admits it’s a tough job. She does her best to balance her work and professional life, and it helps that “Hawthorne” only shoots three months out of the year. She couldn’t handle a network television gig that filmed 24 episodes per season.
- Pinkett’s mother was a real-life nurse and a single mom.
- After the first season of “Hawthorne,” Jada received a five page email from her mother detailing the inaccuracies within the show. Jada then hired a new medical team for the second season.
- Jada and Will are buying water well’s in different communities all over Africa to provide clean water to those in need.
- As for her children, Jada teaches her kids to embrace personal and career obstacles, as it makes one stronger in the end.
- Jada and Will have been together for 15 years. They’ve been married for 13.
- Jada revealed that she feels more beautiful now than she did in her 20s. As she’s aged, Jada has realized that it’s less about how you look and more about what you can offer spiritually and intellectually to your partner.
You can watch part one of the interview to the left, as well as view pictures in the photo slideshow.
RELATED: Are Will and Jada the model couple of Hollywood?
Follow MICHAEL LANGSTON MOORE on:
FACEBOOK • TWITTER • THE SCREEN FIEND
Hit the “Subscribe” button at the top of the page to receive instant email updates on black entertainment!
Michael also writes for the:
TV Examiner and Celebrity Icons Examiner.
YOU ALSO MIGHT LIKE:
Michael Jackson biographer declares whether posthumous album contains authentic vocals
Aretha Franklin battles pancreatic cancer
Keri Hilson fails to be edgy with racy new music video
Nicki Minaj hates gender stereotypes in new documentary
Listen to Michael Jackson’s new single, ‘Hold My Hand’
The real reason a black man can’t portray Spider-Man
With rumors swirling, can Michael Jackson truly ever Rest in Peace?
Should we start expecting more from Tyler Perry?
Why are so many rappers becoming actors?
Tupac Shakur: Pure genius or hypocritical menace?
The image of black women in entertainment
The demise of the black dramatic series
Michael Jackson’s ‘Michael’
R.Kelly’s ‘Love Letter’
‘For Colored Girls’
Indie music review: Ace Reign
‘The Princess and the Frog’
‘The Wendy Williams Show’
Russell Simmons on diversity, Michael Vick
Blair Underwood of ‘The Event’
Pulitzer Prize winning playright Lynn Nottage
Kendra of the ‘Bad Girls Club’ and ‘Love Games’