Once the stress of the holidays evaporates, national capital region golfers can gear up for the 2011 season by enrolling in the Ottawa Athletic Club’s Winter Golf School.
Colin Orr, the school’s director of golf, has put together a lesson plan designed to help all members – novice to accompished – tune up their games through the use of the latest in teaching techniques and hi-tech equipment.
“We have some of Canada’s best golf teachers,” said Orr. “Our members receive top instruction and have full access to state- of-the-art video, computer analysis and teaching aids. It’s a terrific program that has a history of achieving amazing results.”
- Unlimited ball hitting through April 30
- 13 CPGA professionals on staff
- More than 70 hours per week of superior golf instruction from CPGA certified teachers
- One-on-one personal assessment to get your winter practice plan started
- Full access to video and computer analysis, a unique eight-foot video playback screen and all teaching aids
- Ongoing written evaluation and coaching
- Six week seminar series presented by CPGA staff
- Member Only Demo Days
- Custom Club Fitting – A full demo program
- Club Repair Area – Get your clubs regripped and your lie and lofts adjusted on site
- Launch Monitor Analysis – Test your own driver or try one of our demos on the launch monitor
- Access to all OAC spa facilities (sauna, steam room, whirlpool, swimming pool and towel service)
- 12,000 sq.-ft. CPGA approved facility with 22 hitting stations
The Winter Golf Facility includes:
- 600 sq. ft. infield putting green
- Sand bunker and chipping area
- Open seven days a week until 11 p.m.
- Seminar Series Topics
Setting up a winter practice plan includes:
- Fitness and Golf – Maximize your flexibility and swing strength
- Putting – Your fastest way to lower scores
- The Full Swing – Mastering long game basics
- Short Game Basics – A look at the chip, the pitch, the lob and the bump shot
- Taking it to the Course
For more details, call 613.523.4024 ex. 256.