Whether you want a fresh or frozen turkey or even a Tofurkey, below are the highlights of this week’s holiday specials from Cosentino’s, local Trader Joe’s and local Safeway markets. Also included are specials on the most common items found on Thanksgiving holiday grocery shopping lists for your convenience.
And be sure to check out A Complete Thanksgiving Dinner, a well-planned, delicious and complete Thanksgiving meal from cocktails and appetizers to coffee and dessert with the complete grocery shopping list and step-by-step instructions to make your Thanksgiving feast a huge success.
Cosentino’s (these specials good through Tuesday, November 30th)
- Fresh Deistel all natural range-grown turkey, 10 – 36 pound turkeys available, order from the Meat Department and receive a free bag of stuffing
- 12-oz bag fresh cranberries: $1.99
- Sweet potatoes, red or white: 69 cents per pound
- Yellow onions: 29 cents per pound
- 14-oz cans Swanson broths: 69 cents each
- 12 – 16-oz packages C&W frozen vegetables: 2 for $5
- 1-lb Challenge butter: 2 for $5
- Coupon for 50 cents off 12-count package potato dinner rolls
- Coupon for $1.50 off Reddi Whip whipped topping
Check out all of the holiday specials and coupons this week online at Cosentino’s.
- Fresh, brined, young, all natural Glatt turkey, 12 – 16 pounds: $2.29 per pound
- Fully-roasted half a turkey: $2.99 per pound
- Fully-cooked frozen turkey breast with cornbread stuffing (heat and serve): 32-oz package for $9.99
- Tofurkey Roast and Gravy, 100% vegan: 2.5 pounds for $9.99
- Freshly-chopped vegetable starter for stuffing (onions, celery, parsley, rosemary thyme and sage): 24 ounces for #3.99
- 24-oz bag frozen, peeled and trimmed pearl onions: $1.99
- 2-lb package fresh butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed: $4.99
- 12-oz bag fresh cranberries: $1.99
Check out the Food Pilgrimager for all of local Trader Joe’s holiday specials.
Safeway (these special prices good through 11/25/10)
Note: these specials were located at the Mid-town Safeway on San Carlos but most other local Safeway markets offer the same specials during this time.
- Frozen Grade A turkey up to 16 pounds: $7 each with an additional $20 purchase while supplies last
- Frozen Grade A turkey over 16 pounds: $9 each with an additional $20 purchase while supplies last
- Frozen Honeysuckle turkey up to 16 pounds: $8 each with an additional $20 purchase while supplies last
- Frozen Honeysuckle turkey over 16 pounds: $10 each with an additional $20 purchase while supplies last
- Safeway Select fresh turkey 8 – 24 pounds: 87 cents per pound with an additional $20 purchase while supplies last
- Sara Lee frozen pumpkin pie: buy one get one free
- Fresh celery: 99 cents per bunch
- Yams: 79 per pound
- Yellow onions: 99 cents per pound
- 12-oz bag Greenline fresh green beans, trimmed, washed and stems in bag: buy one get one free
- 24-oz container chopped vegetable starter for stuffing: $4.99
- 12-oz bag fresh cranberries: 2 for $5
Check out all of this week’s online specials at Safeway.
For a well-planned, delicious and complete Thanksgiving meal from cocktails and appetizers to coffee and dessert, check out A Complete Thanksgiving Dinner, where you’ll find everything you need, including a complete grocery store list and easy-to-follow instructions to make your Thanksgiving a success. Happy Thanksgiving!
Like this article? Get a spam-free e-mail notice every time I post a new one by clicking on the Subscribe button above. Be sure to check out the San Jose Easy Meals Examiner for great recipes, weekly meals plans with corresponding grocery lists and easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions designed to help people with little or no cooking experience. Also, check out the Sustainable Seafood Examiner (me!) for articles on the seafood industry and recipes focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood.