This president … has expressed a very loathsome view of the American people, and this country,” observed Lou Dobbs, ” when he challenges the state of Arizona in court because they want to stop illegal immigration, they want to stop drug smuggling.”
Transcribed from the video, available on the left, Dobbs had more to say about illegal immigration, American borders and the trust Obama forfeits when he talks emotionally about his disappointment that the Dream Act failed to move forward:
Mexico remains the primary source of methamphetamines, marijuana, heroine and cocaine. And this president wants to talk about “the kids”.
Look, my heart goes out to those kids as well. But this is an administration and a Democratic leadership that put six bills in front of this issue. None of those six bills had a public hearing; and this president knows he’s gaming it. Until he gets serious if he’s sincere in wanting to do something for the kids, he’ll start doing something for the American people and the citizens of this country first.
Namely, secure the borders, secure the ports and start acting responsibly in enforcement of our immigration laws. We must have a rational, effective, humane immigration system. I’ve been working on that for a year – working with various factions.
But no one, no one should underestimate the importance of speaking to the American people in townhall meetings, public hearings and getting the consent of the governed on this issue and all others of equal significance going forward …
Almost a million people cross the border illegally every year and this administration wants us to believe they’re doing more about border security. This is madness. This is an abject threat to the security of the American public; and yet they persist.
There is this expectation by this administration that we will be so hidebound by our orthodoxy and so politically correct that we will suspend critical judgment and reason in our own lying eyes.
We know what is going on; we know what must be done. We are as concerned about what is going on at our borders about what is happening to the people in our country, legally and illegally, as anyone.
But we’ve got to be honest; and this administration has to set the tone.
Dobbs went on to add that the more Obama speaks “in those artful, emotional tones – the less credibility he has.”
The Dream Act is always touted as for “the kids“, even Dobbs used the term; however there will be no credibility in the Dream Act until honesty prevails about the details within. Thus far, either the Senate or House versions would include
- all “the kids” under 35 years old
- all “the moral kids” with no more than two misdemeanors
- all “the kids” who have been in the U.S. for five years but would require no documentation nor proof of that residency
- all “the kids” who might come in the future since there is no cut-off end date for amnesty application
- all “the kids” with no numerical limit
- all “the kids” and potentially plus the illegal parents who brought them here in the first place as well as extended relatives, once “the kids earn” citizenship.
- all “the kids” have to do is apply for the amnesty, and once that application is made, they can’t be removed for any reason until the application is processed and a final decision is made to grant or deny the amnesty. Download Fact Sheet.