Montreal Cupcake Camp 2010, a cupcake fundraising event for charity, is extending an invitation to all cupcake lovers to attend their second annual fundraising event presented by ARES accessories de cuisine on Sunday, November 21st, 2010. Cupcakes are donated by bakers (both amateur and professional). Besides being surrounded by thousands of cupcakes and having the opportunity to eat different varieties, there are also cupcake contests and kid activities.
Last year this successful event raised over $8,000.00 for charity with 700 people attending. This year the Montreal Cupcake Camp was obliged to change venue to the QueenElizabethHote lto accommodate the more than 20,000 cupcakes donations!
Montreal Cupcake Camp 2010 Mission
This cupcake mania celebration is organized to raise funds to support the La Tablée des Chefs, a non-profit organization and Kids Help Phone, a free, confidential, and information counselling for kids and teens. A $10.00 donation includes 3 cupcakes and a gourmet cup of coffee. Be eco-friendly! Bring your own containers to transport your cupcakes home or purchase containers on-site for a small donation.
The Montreal Cupcake Camp Celebrity Judges and MC’s
The cupcake contests are judged by celebrity judges making it that much more than just a contest. Imagine having your cupcake creation judged by the following panel of judges:
Chuck Hughes (Host of Chuck’s Day Off, Food Network); Nadia G (Host of Bitchin Kitchen, Food Network); Ricardo Larrivée (Host of Ricardo & Friends, Food Network); Patrice Demers (Pastry Chef & partner Les 400 coups and host of de Les Desserts Patrice, Canal Vie); Alain Pignard (Executive Chef, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth); Bob le Chef (Author, Anarchist Chef); Todd van der Heyden (News Anchor, CTV); Lesley Chesterman (Food Critic, The Montreal Gazette); Michelle Marek (Pastry Chef, Laloux Restaurant); Nonna Maria (Entertainer).
Celebrity MC’s for the event include Anne-Marie Withenshaw (TV & radio personality) and Rebecca Makonnen (Host for Studio 12, Radio-Canada).
Join the cupcake explosion; contribute to a good cause while treating yourself to a variety of delicious and beautifully decorated cupcakes. You may even have the chance to meet some of your favourite celebrity judges!
Montreal Cupcake Camp 2010 Event
Judges: Anne-Marie Withenshaw, Rebecca Makonnen, Chuck Hughes, Ricardo Larrivée, Nadia G, Patrice Demers, Alain Pignard, Lesley Chesterman, Todd van der Heyden, Bob le Chef, Michelle Marek, Abeille Gelinas, Nonna Maria
When: Sunday, November 21, 2010, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m
Where: Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth, 900 Rene Levesque Blvd. W.
Download the FREE Cupcake Camp Montreal 2010 iPhone , Montreal Cupcake Camp
Facebook link is : www.facebook.com/cupcakecampmontreal
Facebook event is : http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=142175859148615
Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
The Lemon Cucake Recipe listed below is courtesy of Simply Sweet (one of Montreal Cupcake Camp’s sponsors)
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 baking cups with paper liners.
- Sift cake flour, baking powder & salt. Beat butter and sugar until smooth (around 2 minutes). Add eggs, one at a time until creamy. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and beat 2-3 minutes.
- On low speed add sifted dry ingredients and milk alternating (beginning and ending with dry ingredients). Mix just until incorporated and no lumps in the batter. Fill cupcake pans 3/4 full and bake 23 minutes.
- This recipe goes great with lemon buttercream frosting or lemon cream cheese frosting (below).
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat 1/2 cup butter, 4 ounces of cream cheese, 2 teaspoon grated lemon peel, 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Slowly add in 2 cups powdered sugar until smooth. You can add a little milk or more icing sugar to get the consistency you are looking for.