Electrical Design Engineer (Temp-to-hire in Manitowoc, WI)
Electrical Design Engineer (Temp-to-hire in Manitowoc, WI)
Essential Job Functions
1. Prepare concept sketches, layouts, and specification documents as required
2. Assignments may involve new product design, product improvements, test, electrical reliability analysis, production liaison and service liaison utilizing a variety of engineering disciplines
3. Responsibilities include electrical design, testing and documentation.
4. Prepare basic analysis, test, performance, schedule, and cost information as required in assigned area of responsibility
5. Prepare and report on progress, feasibility, and concept studies, etc. as required
6. Supervise work of all assigned personnel
7. Assist other departments in preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects
8. Maintain close contact and coordinate activities with other groups within the Product Engineering department
9. Ability to perform job functions in a safe manner.
10. Successfully complete all safety training required by the time constraints set by governmental regulations.
11. Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) required, by company policy, for the job being performed.
Job Requirements/Working Conditions
1. Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering with 3 – 7 years of engineering experience with design background required.
2. Ability to analyze electrical component reliability data and failure modes and implement product improvements.
3. Experience with off-highway / construction equipment is desired.
4. Experience with CANbus control systems and on engine electrical systems a plus.
5. Experience with 3-D modeling software is required, ProEngineer Wildfire 3.0+ preferred, ProCabling experience a plus.
6. Ability to work independently and in an IPD Team environment is required.
7. Fluent use of standard Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Project, Visio) is required.
8. Able to travel domestically and internationally on a limited basis.
9. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
10. Must be capable to be in a job site or production factory environment, heat, cold, wet, dry, etc. for a brief period of time.
Pay range is $28 – $35 per hour for the temp portion. Candidates should connect with me on LinkedIn and emailed a resume to email@example.com
Workforce Development, Department of
Employment & Training Specialist Lead – Team Leader
Job Announcement Code(s): 10-05139
County(ies):MilwaukeeClassification Title: / JAC:
Job Working Title:EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING SPECIALIST – LEAD 10-05139
Team LeaderType of Employment:Full Time (40 hrs/week)Salary:Starting salary is $18.431 per hour, plus excellent benefits. A 6-month probationary period is required. (Note for current state employees: This position is in pay schedule 12, range 06. Pay and benefits upon appointment for current or former state employees may vary according to the applicable pay transaction provisions of the Compensation Plan, Wisconsin Administrative Code and/or collective bargaining agreement.)Contact:Shelley Ringelstetter, HR Specialist, 608-266-1810, SMRjobs@dwd.wisconsin.govBargaining Unit:Social ServicesArea of Competition:OpenDeadline to Apply:11/24/2010
by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday November 24th, 2010.Exam Information:Exam cannot be previewed.
This position is with the Department of Workforce Development, Job Service Bureau at the Job Center located in downtown Milwaukee, Wisconsin.Job Duties: The Employment & Training Specialist, Lead – Team Leader position is responsible for planning, directing, and evaluating the delivery of a number of employment-related services as a key partner in local Job Centers. The Team Leader position provides leadership and directs resources necessary to implement the division’s mission, goals and objectives while working effectively with partner agencies, diversity, changing conditions, and multiple priorities. This position establishes priorities, assigns duties and provides technical assistance to staff. In addition, the Employment & Training Specialist position will be responsible for fostering connections between businesses and job seekers (the general public or targeted program participants) facilitating successful business-workforce relationships and reducing the socio-economic costs of unemployment and underemployment. The Team Leader will apply up-to-date knowledge of federal/state programs and related performance goals, labor market conditions, workplace needs, business practices, worker qualifications, career planning, successful job search techniques, productive case management and agency information systems to serve all customers and achieve program goals.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of – case management, counseling, and guidance techniques and methods; how to deal responsively and effectively with partners and public groups; workflow and processes; the use of computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc). Skills in – oral & written communication; public presentations; leadership; problem solving; negotiation; coaching; conflict management; teambuilding; collaboration; relationship building; organizational and planning skills. Ability to – analyze complex problems and formulate workable solutions; prioritize and set realistic goals (for self and team); effectively apply time management skills; work well with others, including diverse populations, persons with disabilities, and people with limited English proficiency.
How To Apply:
You must complete the materials in an application/examination packet in order to be considered for this position. The application/examination packet is available on our website at http://dwd.wisconsin.gov/asd/joboprs.htm, or you may call (608) 267-9163 to have these materials sent to you (for TDD call (608) 267-0477). If using the DWD Request Line or TDD, please have the complete job title and Job Announcement Code (10-05139) available when you call. DO NOT submit a résumé, or any other materials, in lieu of the required application materials.
Completed application materials from the application packet must be received in our officeby 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday November 24, 2010. Incomplete materials will not be evaluated. The application materials you submit are considered to be a civil service examination and will be evaluated by a panel of experts who are familiar with the position. Based on the results of the evaluation, the more qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.