New Year’s Eve is just around the corner and per usual there are just way too many things to try do in one night! Here is a good guide to getting through the evening without going broke into 2011.
10. Ocean Drive Festival: This event will begin on New Year’s Eve and run through January 2nd leading into this year’s Orange Bowl football game. It will be taking place on Ocean Drive between 6th and 9th street for its duration and will host a number of musical artists and other gridiron fun! This event makes the top ten because it is absolutely free and will surely be entertaining, so enjoy the free music and fireworks if you find yourself on Ocean Drive this New Year’s! Festivities kick off December 31st at 9:00 p.m.
9. Louis: Louis Bar and Lounge will be hosting a New Year’s Eve Party starting at 9:00 p.m. General admission starts at $125 with various VIP upgrades. This will include and open bar until 1:00 a.m., live DJ, and other party favors throughout the evening. Louis is located at 2325 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, (305) 531-4600.
8. Nikki Beach: Our favorite Sunday morning brunch hangout will be hosting a party starting at 8:00 p.m. General admission is $50 for a night of thrilling live entertainment, fireworks, and a New York style ball drop. Check out nikkibeachmiamievents.com, 1 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, (305) 538-1111, nikkibeach.com.
7. Burger & Beer Joint: Don’t forget to swing through Burger & Beer Joint in Brickel if you find yourself partying the night away downtown! Burger & Beer Joint will feature live bands and DJ’s throughout the night, accompanied by some outside vending in Mary Brickel Village. If you’re in the area they will be open serving breakfast at 2:00 a.m. for late night munchies. Beer & Burger Joint is located at 900 S. Miami Ave, Ste. 130, Miami, (305) 523-2244, burgernbeerjoint.com.
6. Bayfront Park: Bayfront Park will host a free disco dance party featuring DJ Tarik starting at 8:00 p.m. There will be an ascending New Year’s Eve icon climbing the InterContinental Hotel reaching the top of the building at midnight as well as a grand display of fireworks over Biscayne Bay. The park is located just to the left off the I-195 bridge as you come into downtown Miami. Check out bayfrontparkmiami.com/pages/newyear2010.html. Bayfront Park is located at 301 N Biscayne Blvd, Miami, (305) 358-7550, bayfrontpark.com.
5. The Clevelander: One of our favorite Ocean Drive hot spots will be hosting and Asian themed party. The entirety of the Clevelander will feature live entertainment and a great view of the fireworks over South Beach. Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased through wantickets.com. The Clevelander is located at 1020 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, (305) 532-4006, clevelander.com.
4. SoBe Live: This party kicks off at 9:00 p.m. and will feature music by DJ Kool, DJ Element , and D1theMC. Tickets start at $60 and include open bar until midnight, a champagne toast balloon drop, as well as a catered buffet! If food, booze, and music are what you’re after this is a good deal! SoBe Live is located at 1203 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, (305) 725-3353. Check out newyearseve.com/sobelive for more ticket info.
3. Ice Palace Studio: Promoted as Miami’s best upscale New Year’s Eve party, Ice Place Studio’s will host an exclusive private party featuring house and progressive music from DJ Dan, Austin Leeds, Ralph Falcon, Ivano Bellini and hip hop by Mr. Sandman and Octavius. There are still a limited number of tickets for $75! This is sure to be a great event with and open bar from 10:00 p.m. until midnight. For more info call (954) 859-6267 or check out wantickets.com. Ice Place Studio’s is located at 71 NW 14th St. Downtown Miami.
2. Tobacco Road: This favorite laid back downtown hangout will be hosting an all-night New Year’s Eve bash featuring live bands The Helldorados and Bandalized as well as music lead by DJ Oski. The party starts at 9:00 p.m. and costs $40 advanced purchase or $50 at the door. This includes an open premium bar until 5:00 am! Table reservations are also available. RSPV (305) 374-1198. Tobacco Road is located in Brickel downtown 626 S. Miami Ave, tobacco-road.com.
1. Space: The famed after hour’s night club lineup will feature Patrick M, Louis Puig, Lazardi, Maurizio+Danyelino, Dsan Powell, and Radamas. The party does not stop at Space, and that is what puts it in the #1 spot on the 2011 NYE top ten. With tickets starting at $20 for arrival before midnight, you cannot help going to check out what’s going on here, you know it will be good! There is also a complimentary bar up until midnight and tickets for arrival before 2:00 a.m. are only $40. Keep in mind, this one is going to get good late night! Tickets are available through wantickets.com and for VIP info contact tiffani @clubspacevip.com. Space is located at 34 NE 11th St, Miami, (305) 375-0001, clubspace.com.
Have fun and rage safe into 2011!