If having family over is the plan for this year, appetizers are a must. The must be more than just one kind so why not make it a job for the couple? Here are a few appetizer recipes to serve the family during this beautiful holiday season:
Shrimp and Snow Peas with Currant Mustard Sauce
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled, de-veined and cooked
- 3/4 cup currant jelly
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
Blanch the snow peas in boiling salted water for 45 seconds. Immediately drain and run under cold water. Wrap one blanched pea pod around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick.
Currant mustard sauce:
- Combine jelly and mustard, beat with a fork or wire whisk until smooth. Serve sauce with shrimp.
- Easy, right? Now here is another easy seafood appetizer to try:
Crab Meat Spread
- 1 Package (8 ounces) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1 Package (8 ounces) imitation crab meat (If real crab meat is wanted, go ahead.)
Spread cream cheese evenly on a serving plate. Pour cocktail sauce over the cream cheese and top with the crab meat. Serve with crackers.
Double the appetizers and double the simplicity. As a couple, both can make these dishes and split up the work. These recipes were pulled from “4 Ingredient Cookbook”