Last game: The B-Sens beat the Syracuse Crunch, 5-0 on Sunday night. Binghamton rookie Bobby Butler had a hat-trick and Jim O’Brien added the teams’ other two goals.
Wednesday’s opponent: The Rochester Americans are the AHL affiliate of the Florida Panthers. Binghamton has been affiliated with the Ottawa Senators since 2002.
Head-to-head: This is the first of eight meetings this season between these two squads. Rochester won the series last year with a record of 5-4-1.
Standings: Binghamton is tied for third in the Eastern Conference’s East Division with a record of 6-4-1-1 (14 points). Rochester is fifth in the North division of the Western Conference with a record of 7-6-1-0 (15 points). Binghamton is 4-2-1-0 at home, while Rochester sports a 6-1-1-0 record on the road.
Binghamton by the numbers: The B-Sens are averaging 3.00 goals-per- game, through 12 games (ranked 12th). They have allowed an average of 2.75 goals-per-game (ranked 12th). They are 12-for-63 on the power- play this season, 19.0%, (ranked 12th). The B-Sens’ have given up eight goals on 53 chances on the penalty kill, 84.9% (ranked 12th).
Rochester by the numbers: The Amerks are averaging 3.21 goals-per-game, through 14 games, (ranked 8th). They have allowed 3.29 goals-per-game, (ranked 24th). The team is 14-for-65 on the power-play, 21.5% (ranked 6th). The Rochester penalty kill has allowed 14 goals in 65 chances against 78.5%, (ranked 23rd).
Binghamton Ice Chips: Corey Locke assisted on all three of Butler’s goals on Sunday, bringing his team-leading point total to 18 points, which ties him for second in the AHL. Locke has been involved in the scoring on 10 of Binghamton’s 12 power-play goals.
Rochester Ice Chips: The Amerks lost to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, 2-1 on Sunday. Michal Repik has 16 assists and three goals for the Crunch. His 19 point total is tied for the league lead with Keith Aucoin of the Hershey Bears.
Former B-Sens’ defenseman Paul Baier is expected to be in the lineup for Rochester Wednesday. In nine games with the Amerks Baier has recorded two assists, is a plus-two and has amassed 17 penalty minutes.
Robin Lehner will start in goal Wednesday for Binghamton. Mike Brodeur, who played in Elmira over the weekend, has suffered a setback, according to a report by Joy Lindsay of the Press & Sun Bulletin. Barry Brust, who last played Saturday against Adirondack, will likely play at least one game over the weekend.
Promotions: The Binghamton Senators will offer active duty military service members and military veterans a complimentary ticket to their game versus the Rochester Americans, Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 7:05 p.m.as a thank you for their service to our nation.
To receive the ticket, service members must present a valid military I.D. at the Binghamton Senators’ executive office, located on the third floor of the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. There will be one free ticket per military I.D. offered. The offer is not valid at the arena box office.
Next up: The B-Sens travel to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Friday. Game time is 7:05 PM. The team returns home Saturday, November 12 to host Binghamton native Jerry D’Amigo and the Toronto Marlies. Buy your tickets now.