If you remember flipping through the Sears holiday Wishbook as a child, it’s all grown up now. Sears has enhanced its popular Wish Book with new social shopping capabilities, allowing customers to shop online or via smartphone devices, iPad or through Facebook.
Not quite the same as the great childhood memory many of us have of circling a favorite toy in the Wishbook, but social shopping is on the rise in this ever so digital age.
Sears has created a simple online shopping experience that provides customers with easy-to-browse categories where they can find specific products, customer reviews and additional information, as well as create and share wish lists through their favorite social networking sites.
Sears customers can now access the Wish Book anytime and anywhere, by using the following shopping tools:
- Wish Book Catalog: Shop the iconic Wish Book catalog the traditional way. New this year, customers can find quick response (QR) bar codes throughout the catalog which can be scanned to view more information on items through videos and product pages.
- Wish Book Online Catalog: Browse, buy and shop from the Wish Book Online catalog. Flip through an online version and simply click on items to make a purchase from the page. Customers can visit Sears.com/wishbook to experience the Wish Book in an engaging, digital fashion.
- Wish Book on Facebook: Shoppers can visit the Sears Facebook page to get holiday shopping ideas, share holiday wish lists and purchase products through the Wish Book tab. Customers can also “make a holiday wish” by entering to win one of 24 amazing Wish Book prizes as Sears will be granting one wish a day for 24 days from Dec. 1 through Dec. 24, 2010*.
- Wish Book on iPad: Customers can download the free Wish Book app to find gifts through the new Trending Tree and Snow Globe features, as well as traditional means like gift finder and search and browse. This free download includes the popular Bumpin’ Santas game. Bumpin’ Santas is a musical, “bumptastic” holiday app from Sears which allows customers to “bump” their iPhone or iPad with another one to collect Santa characters and unlock singing Santa ensembles.
- Wish Book mobile Web: Visit Wish Book on your Web-enabled smart phone atSears.com/wishbook. The mobile Web experience showcases the entire Wish Book product catalog and gives customers the ability to sign up for exclusive text alerts and allows them to individually change Holiday wallpaper to customize their shopping experience.
You can still flip through the Sear holiday Wish Book if you want to get nostalgic. However, shopping trends are now pointing to a more social shopping experience, so it might just be worth a try as you start your holiday shopping.