Recalls seem to be more prolific everyday with so many products being made with inferior parts and lead paint and even contaminated food. It is wonderful to have the advantage of computers to keep informed and to look up things that could bring harm to our families.
This Christmas season, be on the lookout for hazards and risk just waiting to happen. Small parts that can come off of toys, strings that can cause strangulation. Contaminated food either purchases or left out of the fridge too long.
We aware that flu is easily passed around in close crowds and while getting all those great hugs from family and friends.
Weather can be a factor this year as well as many areas are expecting either heavy rain or snow. Be prepared when you leave in your car for a short trip from home in bad weather that you might get stranded for a while. Keep the cell booted up. Keep water and crackers in the car as well as extra clothing and blankets.
Check out these recalls and then warn others – while all recalls do not apply to all people, we never know who we might help or save a life by making what information we do have available to everyone.
Merry Christmas – and Happy New Year
Be safe all the times and seasons of the year.
If you are new to National Family Issues Examiner, you may wish to subscribe using the tab above. The subscription is free. Feel free to use the comment window to express your thoughts, ideas and/or suggestions.
1. Zoom Buggy Cars and Dream Pillow Stars Recalled by Kindermusik Due to Choking Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11076.html Photo of these toys on link
2. Ceramic Banks Recalled by Oriental Trading Company Due to Violation of Lead Paint Standard http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11077.html Photo of banks on link
3. Michaels Stores Recalls Silver Tree Tealight Candle Holders Due to Fire Hazard http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11078.html Photo of tealight stand on link
4. BB Buggies Recalls Classic Bad Boy Buggies Again Due To Crash Hazard
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11079.html This was previously recalled but fix did not work – this could cause a serious accident.
5. 1. STIHL Inc. Recalls Chain Saws Due to Laceration Hazard, http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11080.html Dangerous risk for these powerful saws – see photo at link.
6. BabyLegs Recalls Baby Socks and Leg Warmers with Heart Appliqué Due to Choking Hazard, http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml11/11081.html Photos of these baby things are on the link