It’s the holiday season again and many people may be stumped on what to buy the favorite climber in their life. No worries, krysia’s got your back! Here are a few ideas that will fit any budget:
10. A climbing calender, check out these available from Rockgrrl and REI.
9. Espresso Lessons by Arno Ilgner. This is a great book for getting your mind ‘right’ when climbing. It focuses on awareness and mindfulness. Under $20.
8. iphone app for your climber’s favorite spot to crush it! You can download one for The Red River Gorge or seach Apple’s website for other outdoor apps. $20 and under.
7. A Dynaflex Gyro Ball. These are sweet! They strengthen your forearm and grip and are just fun to play with. The lighted ones are especially cool. Under $50.
6. Mountaineering: The Freedom of the Hills: 50th Anniversary. Edited by Ronald C. Eng. This is the equivalent to the climber’s bible. It has everthing from knot tying to first response rescue techniques. The latest version has expanded content on ice climbing and first response. Under $50.
5. Joshua Tree Gift Set A must to soften and soothe a climber’s hands. Made with organic ingredients, J-Tree is a local company too. Click here to read my review on the Climbing Salve. Under $50.
4. Box Set of First Ascent by Sender Films. ‘Reel’ stories of real climbers living the dream. $50.00
3. A subscription to Climbing Magazine or Rock and Ice. Under $50.
2. A hang board. A must for every climber’s home. These are great for training your arms and fingers on days you can’t make it to the gym. Available locally at both Planet Rock locations. To see a picture click here.
1. Home bouldering wall! Go over the top for that special loved one and build a climbing wall for their home. Don’t have the know-how? Check out this link. To buy holds try, DRCC, Voodoo Climbing and Rock Candy Holds. $300 and up.
Did you like this article? Find me on Facebook and join the conversation.