Your first step into the Viking Culinary Center brings you into a new world. A gourmet playground of sorts. An open and airy boutique that offers everything professional and amateur cooks alike could ever dream of. From tools to cookware, from cutlery to spices and everything in between, this store has it all. A Viking showroom offers a glimpse of the companies ovens and ranges. A truly great place to find a gift for that foodie or chef in your life.
The Viking Cooking School is a perfect place if you love to cook, entertain or just enjoy the pleasures of good food. Their moto is “The most enjoyable school on earth”- and this may very well be true.The school offers a wide variety of classes that all seem so mouth watering it will be hard to choose which one to take. From the Holiday Pie workshop to Girls Night Out: Paris, from one of the many ethnic inspired workshops to grilling workshops, you will want to attend them all. The classes offer a hands on cooking experience where you work closely with an instructor while utilizing the finest Viking cookware and appliances. The classes are small and students learn by practicing techniques by preparing unique menus. At the end of class everyone sits down together to enjoy the meal they have prepared. Viking Cooking School also offers demonstration classes where students learn by watching professionals prepare foods with step by step instructions. Series classes are also offered for a more in depth cooking experience that lasts for a few days or more. Kids and teens are also encouraged to take classes and learn in workshops designed just for them. The school will also cater to private events and parties.
The Chefs Table: Pasta Party for Families (Dec. 10 6pm-9pm)
- Basic Pasta Dough
- Pasta with Sausage and Mushroom Tomato Sauce
- Cheese Ravioli in Herbed Cream Sauce
- Homemade Croutons; Garlic Bread
- Sample Recipes: Caesar Salad, Chocolate Gelato
- Bonus recipe: Spinach Pasta and Other Variations
Holiday Sweets Workshop (Dec. 15 11am-2pm)
- White Hot Chocolate with Dark Chocolate Covered Homemade Marshmallows
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
- Gingerbread Scones with Maple Glaze
- Butter Toffee Almonds
- Sample Recipe: Pumpkin Bread with Vanilla Cream Cheese Filling
New York Steak House (Dec. 27 6pm-9pm)
- Clams Casino; Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons
- Grilled New York Strips with Blue Cheese Butter
- Creamed Spinach
- Sample Recipe: New York-Style Black and White Cheesecake
Please check the Viking Cooking School website for other classes offered and to reserve your spot!
Viking Cooking School is conveniently located in Garden City, Long Island.
835 Franklin Avenue, Garden City NY 11530