Are you finding yourself running out of time trying to find the perfect gift for that annoying person who not only has everything but also are incredibly picky? Well, rather then getting them some silly novelty gift which they will throw out as soon as you turn your back, try giving them the gift of charity. Nothing is more fulfilling than helping someone. Although any charity is wonderful, here are a few great cancer-related charities.
- Cancer Survivors’ Fund–provides funding for necessary prosthetics to cancer survivors.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund–help fund necessary research for cancers that affect children.
- Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation–funds education, research and advocacy for breast cancer.
- UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center–center for basic and clinical cancer research as well as patient care.
- American Cancer Society–national contributor to all that is cancer related.
- Breast Cancer Fund–San Francisco based non-profit organization.
- Cleaning for a Reason–free professional cleaning for female patients undergoing cancer treatment.
- St. Judes Research Hospital–a great research hospital that can always use charitable donations.
- Prostate Cancer Foundation–a great education, advocacy, and research foundation for prostate cancer.
- Stand Up to Cancer–Hollywood seems to like this one, could be good. Check it out.
Here are only a few viable charities. This year give a gift of a helping hand.