Mankato schools will break for the holidays during Christmas week. Despite new toys and family trips, it can be a long week off, but families can enjoy the extra time together.
- Enjoy the snow. There certainly is enough of it in Minnesota this year. The cul-de-sacs in Mankato have piles in the middle over 7 feet high. Let’s hope that it stays warm enough for some snow fun during winter break.
- Indoor snow games. For when it’s just too cold to enjoy all of the lovely snow.
- Cook with the family. It’s simple to make Christmas gifts from your kitchen for relatives. Or make comfort food and creative Jell-O recipes.
- Enjoy craft activities. Simple stained glass project for children. Thanks to Nancy Catherine Walker, Eastern Connecticut Children’s Craft Examiner for this great idea.
- Visit a museum. You might have time to drive to the Minneapolis Children’s Museum.
- Take in a movie at the Maverick 4 in Mankato. All tickets are only $3.00, and movie snacks are very reasonably priced.
More wonderful ideas from Alicia Bayer, Mankato Attachment Parenting Examiner.