When 22-year-old celebrity actor Zac Efron issued a challenge to the crew of his latest movie The Lucky One, he kept it simple: Cut your hair like mine and I’ll donate to a local charity. [Dec. 23}
The young celebrity hearththrob had cut his hair in a military fashion crew-cut style for his current role. The crew not only responded, but in a major way. Over thirty crew members of the new Zac Efron flick The Lucky One broke out the shears and answered the High School Musical star’s challenge. Two female crew members even joined, donating their long locks to the Locks of Love charity.
For their efforts, the young celebrity actor ponied up a significant amount of green that was donated to a local charity in New Orleans, the Kingsley House, a nonprofit charity dedicated to serving children and families in the greater New Orleans in times of trouble and disaster, and have been especially focused on rebuilding the lives of families affected by Hurricane Katrina.
The amount of money that the star of Charlie St. Cloud donated was not revealed, but considering his past philanthropic efforts, no doubt that young Zac Efron wrote a sizable check to the Kingsley House.
The celebrity actor, who was in the news recently when it was revealed that he had broken up with his girlfriend of three years, fellow High School Musical star and celebrity actress Vanessa Hudgens, has actively supported several charities during his brief Hollywood career, and has shown that he is not afraid to continue supporting charity organizations that he is passionate about.
Zac Efron’s current movie project, The Lucky One, is being filmed in the New Orleans area, and the story is about a young man returning from military service in Iraq hellbent on finding a woman whose picture he had found while serving in Iraq. The picture helped Efron’s character in dealing with the harsh realities of the conflict in Iraq.
For more recent updates about charity events, celebrity athletes and sports, follow:
- Doug Mead Charity News on Twitter
- Doug Mead on Facebook
- Doug Mead Sports News on Twitter
RECENT CHARITY STORIES…
- Charity Challenge: Zac Efron dares crew of The Lucky One to cut hair for Locks of Love?
- Celebrity Couples: Brad Pitt Ex Gwyneth Paltrow set up Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal?
- Celebrity Couples: Derek Hough and Cheryl Cole hot or not for each other?
- Teen Scene: Was Caitlin Beadles stabbed by a crazed Justin Bieber fan?
- Prince Harry the Humanitarian: Second son of Princess Diana looks toward mother for charity inspiration?
- Good News: Washington DC man suddenly famous for giving free money away?
- Celebrity Scandal: Newlywed Nicole Richie reveals why former BFF Paris Hilton was not at wedding?
- Green Celebrities: Red Cross charity calls on Celebrity Cabinet to help solicit last minute Christmas donations?
- Green Gift Guide: Buy Happy Socks to help Elton John AIDS foundation beneficiaries
- Controversial Green Celebrities: How is rap music singer Jay-Z is using his star power?